Two of the automotive world’s most recognizable acronyms can be found on the backside of Honda’s finest performance models, specifically the Civic. The Si and Type R monikers are typically associated with high horsepower and plenty of torque steer, while the NSX supercar has created some new arrivals.
- Si: Sport Injected
- Type R: Racing
- VTEC: Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control
- NSX: New, Sportscar, Experimental
- SH-AWD: Super Handling All-Wheel Drive
- P-AWS: Precision All-Wheel Steer
- TMU + IPU: Twin Motor Unit + Intelligent Power Unit