The new generation of Renault ZOE seems to be in high demand as the French manufacturer received some 6,100 orders in the month of October.
According to Emmanuel Bouvier, Commercial Director, Electric Vehicles Business Unit, the pace of sales continued in November. The most orders come from France, Norway and Germany (currently order books are open only in part of Europe).
At 6,000+ sales per month (if continued), Renault ZOE might be able to exceed 70,000 sales per year, compared to the expected record of 45,000-50,000 in 2019.
Renault did not reveal sales expectations, but the manufacturing capacity potential is probably up to 80,000-100,000 in 2020, especially since Renault Clio was moved from the Flins plant to Slovenia.
Other interesting findings are that a third of orders are for the new R135 drive unit and that more than half is for the two top trim levels (Intens and Editions One).
First deliveries of the new ZOE in France are expected in a few days, in early December.
Renault ZOE R135 specs (see full description here):
- 52 kWh lithium-ion battery (air-cooled)
- Battery pack: 400 V nominal, 192 cells, 10 modules, 326 kg of weight, 160 Wh/kg
- up to 242 miles of WLTP range
- 0 to 62 mph in less than 10 seconds
- 80-120 km/h (50 to 75 mph) in 7.1 seconds
- top speed of 87 mph
- R135 electric motor: 134 bhp of peak power and 181 lb-ft of peak torque
- R110 electric motor (option): 107 bhp of peak power and 162 lb-ft of peak torque
- DC fast charging using CCS Combo 2, up to 50 kW
- AC charging of up to 22 kW (3-phase)