The upcoming Mini Electric is an all-electric premium city car, which will be manufacture at the Plant Oxford here in the UK from November 2019. Here we gathered all the photos and videos about this new model, including a few teasers from the assembly line.
While the European market is currently booming with new small city BEVs (new Renault ZOE, Peugeot e-208, Vauxhall Corsa-e, Honda e to name just a few upcoming cars), this particular model is one of the rare ones that is expected to head over to North America at a later point. Initially, the Mini Electric will be on sale in the UK with a starting price of £24,400 on-the-road after the £3,500 government’s Plug-In Car Grant has been applied. Lease rates start from £299 per month.
One of the main drawbacks for some potential customers will be the 32.6 kWh battery and range of 124-144 miles WLTP, but Mini probably didn't want to significantly re-engineer the Cooper SE to handle more batteries, take passenger/boot compartment space or increase weight. This is why there is T-shaped battery pack. For those who are looking for a simple, premium city runabout, this car should be sufficient.
Mini Electric (MINI Cooper SE) specs:
- 32.6 kWh (gross) and 28.9 kWh (net) battery pack (12 modules)
- WLTP range of 124-144 miles, up to 168 miles NEDC
- WLTP energy consumption of 15.5-18.0 kWh/100 km
- 0-62 mph in 7.3 seconds
- 0-37 mph) in 3.9 seconds
- top speed of 93 mph
- power output of 181 bhp and 199 lb-ft of torque (electric motor borrowed from BMW i3S)
- front-wheel drive
- DC fast charging 0-80% in 35 minutes (at up to around 50 kW)
- AC charging 0-100% in 3.5 hours using three-phase on-board charger
- AC charging 0-80% in 2.5 hours using three-phase on-board charger
- trunk capacity of 211 litres
- unladen DIN weight of 1,365 kg (some 145 kg heavier than the MINI Cooper S 3 Door with Steptronic transmission)
- important equipment: heat pump
Gallery: Mini Electric at Plant Oxford
Gallery: Mini Cooper SE
MINI Electric at Plant Oxford
MINI Electric B-Roll
MINI Electric unveiling
MINI Electric presentations