Emma Fairweather has been banned for six months

Earlier this year Emma Fairweather hit the headlines after she was involved in the infamous Prince Philip car crash.

She was riding as a passenger in a car that collided with the Duke of Edinburgh's Land Rover near the Royal family's Sandringham estate in January.

At the time Ms. Fairweather called for the Royal to be prosecuted for the incident, but he escaped without charge after authorities deemed that punishing the 97-year-old would not be in the public interest.

Ms. Fairweather initially hit out at Prince Philip for not apologising for the crash, although it was later revealed that he did.

In a letter, Prince Philip admitted that he was "deeply sorry" for the incident, and wished Ms Fairweather "speedy recovery from a very distressing experience".

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip in Toronto Canada 2010

"I would like you to know how very sorry I am for my part in the accident at the Babingley cross-roads," Prince Philip said in the letter.

The letter was signed off "Yours sincerely, Philip."

Now, in an interesting turn of events, it's Ms. Fairweather who has been slapped with a driving conviction — although for an unrelated speeding case.

The 46-year-old was sentenced after a Volkswagen Golf was caught doing 38 mph in a 30 mph zone, and 39 mph in the same area in Taverham, Norfolk. As she failed to identify the driver in the two incidents, which took place on July 14, 2018, and on August 29, 2018, she was charged with four counts — two of speeding, and two of failling to identify the driver of the speeding vehicle.

HRH Prince Philip with Queen Elizabeth during her 2017 birthday celebration

According to reports, Ms. Fairweather wasn't present at the trial, but entered guilty pleas for all charges in writing.

After the proceedings, which took place behind closed doors, Ms. Fairweather was banned from driving for six months, fined a combined sum of £450 for all four offences, and ordered to pay £115 in costs.

Prince Philip gave up his driving licence in the wake of the incident, despite being seen behind the wheel mere days after the crash.

"After careful consideration the Duke of Edinburgh has taken the decision to voluntarily surrender his driving licence," a Buckingham Palace statement at the time said.