The Volkswagen I.D. market launch in Europe, with the opening of pre-orders, is scheduled for May 8, which should be accompanied with some announcement on the car specs, prices and maybe some new images.
It seems that the Dutch division of Volkswagen hurried a little bit and a few days ago released some new videos with a camouflaged version of the car named ID.3. We shouldn't see it yet, so the videos were quickly removed (above you can find one of the rare images captured from the video).
While the image doesn't show much, at least the rumours about names seem to be correct. The German manufacturer registered names for the entire lineup, from ID.1 to ID.9.
What to expect:
- about 48 kWh battery (base), 62 kWh (mid-range), about 80 kWh (top version)
- some 330 km (205 miles) of WLTP range (base)
- some 450 km (280 miles) of WLTP range (mid-range)
- up to 550 km (342 miles) of WLTP range (top version)
- 150 kW electric motor
- top speed of 180 km/h (112 miles)
- 7.2 kW or 11 kW on-board chargers
- 125 kW DC fast charging capability
- Price from around €30,000 (approx. £26,000) in Europe
Gallery: Volkswagen I.D. hatch rendered to life